Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Fern Flat Pottery

On Thursday, Totara class visited the pottery place called Fern Flat in Peria. There we made pottery and watched Rod and Margy (owners) make some. First we made a pig, then whatever we wanted; I made a Fox (of course) and Rod said that he'd fire it in the kiln for me! I'll have to go pick it up from his  workshop sometime. I can't wait! Dunno why, but I was kinda sad when he said we had to destroy everything. Not because I spent quite a while on it, but because I've grown quite attached to Foxes. I feel sad if anything bad happens to one. I just love them! Y'know when you get a pet and you just love it so much you don't want it to ever die or leave you? That's how I feel! BUT I'M IN NEW ZEALAND SO I CAN'T HAVE ONE!!! I should probably stop talking about Foxes now. Anyway... WOW! most of this is just about a Fox. Sorry. Rod made a bowl with a pottery wheel and Margy made a Fantail from a mould. Honestly, this was prolly one of the most satisfying  thing I've ever watched. A pottery wheel, spinning in circles. Round and round and round. Then he dropped it. 
 The chairs that were outside fern flat



 The fountain (I think Xav really liked it!)


 This is us moulding (so fun! We are either moulding the pigs or our own choice)



Another picture of us moulding







Well, that's it. Hope you all enjoyed this. See you next time... BYE!!








2 comments:

  1. I saw my photo Arlo, that was a cood day at Fern flat. Your story and pictures are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. I liked the fountain picture too. have good day Xav (and you too Lisa) bye!

    ReplyDelete